Hand Pain Acupuncture Treatment Santa Monica, CA
If you have persistent pain in your hand, you should consider hand pain acupuncture treatment Santa Monica, CA residents trust. Dealing with hand pain can definitely make your life more difficult. Acupuncture may help relieve your discomfort and live a normal life again.
Common Causes of Hand Pain
Hand pain is a common condition that affects adults and has many different causes, such as:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a nervous disorder of the hand and can result in pain in the wrist, forearm and palm. Other symptoms of the condition include decreased grip strength, tingling and burning in your fingers and difficulty feeling the difference between hot and cold.
- Arthritis: Hand pain can also result from arthritis. In this condition, the joints lose the cartilage that lets them move slowly against one another. Arthritis commonly occurs in the middle joint of one or more fingers or the base of the thumb.
- Lupus: Lupus is an autoimmune disorder that leads to inflammation throughout the body. It can cause the lining around the joints to thicken, resulting in pain and swelling in the hands and wrists.
- Injury: Hands are quite delicate, so they can easily get injured in an accident. These injuries frequently occur during falls and while playing sports.
How Acupuncture Can Relieve Hand Pain
If no other treatments have worked for your hand pain, you may want to give hand pain acupuncture treatment in Santa Monica, CA a chance. During this treatment, an acupuncturist will insert thin needles in certain points on your body.
Acupuncture may relieve your hand pain by opening up the nerve channel that connects the hand to the forearm. It can also help your body release endorphins, ultimately relieving your pain. The treatment is less risky than surgery and medication.
How to Get Ready for Your First Acupuncture Session
If you have just scheduled your first acupuncture session, you may feel a little nervous. However, if you prepare ahead of time, you will have a more successful appointment.
- Wear Comfortable Clothes: The day of your acupuncture appointment, you don’t want to wear a tight pair of jeans and a form-fitting top. Instead, wear loose-fitting sweats, as they are easy to adjust.
- Eat a Small Meal: You don’t want to go to your acupuncture appointment hungry. A couple of hours before your appointment, eat a light meal.
- Take a Deep Breath: Your acupuncture session will be much more pleasurable if you’re relaxed. Before your appointment, take a deep breath.
Schedule a hand pain acupuncture treatment in Santa Monica, Holistic CA.