Depression Acupuncture Treatment Santa Monica, CA
If you’re dealing with depression, depression acupuncture treatment Santa Monica, CA residents trust may be able to help. Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders among adults and can make daily living difficult. Acupuncture may be able to help relieve your depression symptoms.
Symptoms of Depression
If you suffer from depression, you may experience:
- Feelings of sadness and hopelessness
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities
- Changes in appetite and sleep
- Inability to concentrate
- Thoughts of suicide
How Depression Can Affect Your Health
Although depression is considered a mental health disorder, it can also negatively affect your body if not treated properly. Here are some different ways depression affects your health.
- Appetite Changes: Depression can have a major effect on a person’s appetite. Some people may eat less than usual while others may start eating more. Both overeating and undereating can have a negative impact on your health. For example, if you don’t eat enough, you could lose too much weight and become malnourished. Your body might not be strong enough to fight off viruses and other illnesses. If you overeat, you could become overweight and put yourself at risk of diabetes, high blood pressure and other health conditions.
- Trouble Sleeping: People with depression are also more likely to have difficulty sleeping. They may lie awake for hours before they finally sleep. In the morning, they may be groggy and irritable and have trouble concentrating on their everyday tasks.
- Chronic Pain: Another unpleasant side effect some people experience from depression is chronic pain. They may feel pain in various muscles and joints in their bodies. Living with physical pain every day can make it difficult to perform normal activities.
How Acupuncture Can Relieve Depression
Depression isn’t something you should have to deal with for the rest of your life. You may be able to find relief from acupuncture. During this depression acupuncture treatment in Santa Monica, CA, an acupuncturist will insert thin needles in various points on your body. The needles may repair imbalances in your body, which can lead to depressions and other mental health disorders.
As the acupuncturist is performing the treatment, just lie down and relax. The needles are so thin that you shouldn’t feel any discomfort. Once your session is over, go home and rest your body.
If you have been living with depression for a while, you should consider depression acupuncture treatment in Santa Monica, CA. Call Santa Monica Holistic today.