Back Pain Acupuncture Treatment Santa Monica, CA
If you suffer from debilitating back pain, back pain acupuncture treatment Santa Monica, CA residents trust may be able to help. Back pain is a common ailment among adults and can make it difficult to do everyday activities. Acupuncture may finally be able to give you the relief you’ve been looking for.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can be due to a number of different causes and likely won’t go away if you don’t treat the root problem. Here are some common causes of back pain:
- Car Accident Injuries: Back injuries are one of the most common injuries people suffer in auto accidents. If these injuries aren’t treated promptly and effectively, you may feel back pain months after the accident.
- Improper Posture: How you sit every day matters greatly. If you frequently slouch in your chair, you could disrupt the alignment of your vertebrae and put strain on your back muscles. If you sit up straight with your shoulders pulled back, you can avoid issues. If you need extra support, put a small pillow behind your back.
- Muscles Injuries: Back pain can also result from muscles injuries. If you lift weights improperly, for example, you could strain your back. Remember to stretch properly beforehand and get plenty of rest to minimize the risk of this issue.
How Acupuncture Can Improve Back Pain
Acupuncture consists of inserting thin needles in various points of the body and can alleviate back pain. Here are a few ways this treatment improves back pain:
- Releases Pain Relieving Hormones: When an acupuncturist inserts needles in your body, it can release pain relieving chemicals, called endorphins. These chemicals have similar properties to opioids.
- Stimulates the Nervous System: During back pain acupuncture treatment in Santa Monica, CA, an acupuncturist can stimulate the spinal cord, muscles and brain. This can lead to natural pain relief.
Getting Acupuncture for Back Pain
If you are thinking about getting acupuncture for your back pain, make sure to choose a licensed and trained acupuncturist in your state. He or she will properly evaluate your condition and recommend the appropriate number of sessions.
The idea of needles going into your skin may seem scary at first. However, you should be rest assured that you will feel minimal discomfort. The needles are so thin that you shouldn’t feel much at all.
If you want to find relief from your back pain, consider going to back pain acupuncture treatment in Santa Monica, CA. Contact Santa Monica Holistic today.